The Department of Education and Counseling Presents:
Mental Health Issues in School & How to Deal With Them
July 17, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m at Longwood University
Who is this for?
Any teacher, counselor, or administrative personnel looking to learn more on dealing with stress in the classroom and the impact of student mental health.
What do I need to know?
This one-day workshop will be facilitated by experienced Longwood education professors for six hours (9:00 am to 4:00 pm with a one-hour lunch) and can be used for continuing education.
For just $49, enjoy this one-day workshop including a continental breakfast and lunch on Longwood University’s campus!
What will the workshop include?
- Opportunities for discussion on educator stress and self-care
- Listening sessions and problem solving
- Techniques for addressing student mental health
What are the topics of the Breakout Sessions?
- “Is Your Sphere Aligned” with Dr. Chris Jones
- “Healthy Climates = Healthy Minds = Healthy Outcomes” with Dr. Marsha Rutledge
- “Trauma-Sensitive Practices for Classroom Teachers” with Dr. Sara Miller
Please contact Becky Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Kevin Doyle at email@example.com.
The event flyer can be viewed or printed here.