Let Us Prepare You For Your Exam
GRE Prep Classes
Why Should You Take Longwood’s GRE Prep Class?
We can help you take this first step toward an advanced degree. Our prep class will give you the skills and confidence you need to maximize your score on the GRE. Our curriculum covers each of the three main sections of the GRE® General Test — Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. We will guide you through each section and prepare you for the question types you’re likely to encounter on test day.
You’ll receive 24 hours of targeted instruction to help you fully prepare. In addition, you’ll receive all class materials, which include a workbook and the official textbook from ETS, with practice tests which will allow you to use the skills and strategies you’re learning on previously released test questions. Our class will help you master techniques to improve your score with the guidance of experienced GRE instructors.
This class includes expert instruction, a proven format, all required class materials, access to diagnostic exams, and online support resources in one convenient, affordable package. The package cost for GRE Prep is $749.00.
“I truly don’t think I would have passed the exam without your class. You were very supportive and provided many insightful tips on taking the exam. The course was worth every penny.”
Convenient Online Format
GRE Prep classes are offered live-online, giving you the option to choose the schedule that works best for you. Our virtual classroom allows you to interact in real-time with your instructor and re-watch the class recordings at your convenience. This package includes access to recordings of all class modules, an instructor-monitored question forum, and online office hours. Access to online resources continues for 30 days after your last day of class, so you’ll still have resources for your independent practice after class is over.
Quantitative Test Topics Include:
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for reducing complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for converting geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test Topics Include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know all the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using compare-and-contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answers” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time-management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed
The live-online GRE Prep class is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. You need only a high-speed internet connection and speakers or headphones. Click here to check your system for compatibility.
Class materials will be delivered directly to your home. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery.
About Our Program